Wednesday, January 17, 2007

2007 in Full Swing

I had an amazing start to 2007. I brought in the New Year with college friends on a road trip out to Denver. Forced to stay a few extra days due to a snow storm was just detrimental…ok, so maybe not! I wasn’t about to complain! We were the power of Thrice. In other words, out of our closest college friends we were the only three without significant others. We embraced our Thriceness and laughed in the face of adversity in a world that didn’t seem to want us to date. Well, ok, there is someone who wants to date me; a great guy, perfect for someone in many ways, but I just don't feel it. So I guess I shouldn't complain about being a part of the Thrice. I could chose to do otherwise.

Yet, 2007 is full of promise. On Saturday I am leaving for South Africa. Three weeks of summer in the dead of winter. It is supposed to be 91° in Cape Town on Sunday. I can’t complain. It is a New Year of close friends, and an international trip. January is only the first month! What other wonderful things are in store?

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

you and your long trips. Seriously, South Africa? Are you ever coming home? Be safe, get plenty of rest. Hopefully none of your stories will begin with the line, "So I was sick, right?" Cuz foriegn hospitals make me a bit sceptical.