Friday, March 09, 2007

Week in Review

The sun is peaking out and I no longer feel like my face is going to fall off, life is good.

Tuesday was the year in review for World Impact. Last year my church planting team and I went to Kansas for a weekend of intensive training with others from around the country. On Tuesday some of them came to Luther Seminary for a year in review: what were our successes, what needs improvement? During that time I also had a catch up meeting with the Executive Director for New Congregational Development for the ELCA. I was highly recommended to become an AIM (Associate in Ministry). He wants to hire me, but says being rostered will open a lot more doors, and help provide more security for my future. There is even a job available in Lancaster,PA...hmm, I know someone who's doing his internship there next year...he liked that idea as well.

On Wednesday we went on essentially a double date to a restaurant called Forepaugh's.
The couple we ate with were lovely and had some interesting stories. The woman is well versed in theater; in college she and a production troupe spent several weeks in Guatemala City performing. Even more interesting is her career. She did her dissertation in Scandinavian studies. She is now one of only a handful of people who translates books, plays, poems, or songs from Norwegian into English. It was a late night with good food and good conversation.

Last night my manager and I worked late, ordered pizza and did some spring cleaning. We made a mess and found some interesting pieces of Luther Seminary's history.

Now it's Friday and this weekend will no doubt be filled with more blessings.

No comments: