Today I went to church with my Grandparents. The church where my mother and father went with their families, participated in youth group activities, met and were married. As I walked into the sanctuary childhood memories of worshipping there flooded back. I turned and gazed at the choir loft where seven craved, wooden plaques designed by my Grandfather hung.
I kneeled at the rail receiving Holy Communion. The light from the stained glass streamed in over the flowers and reflected off the three steel crosses hanging on the wall. I felt at peace with the world, with myself, and in the promise that Christ will lead and guide me. The promise I was given at my baptism, in this church 24 years ago, came full circle as I took the bread and wine.
This Easter I am celebrating second chances, renewal, the glorious mysteries of life and the grace and salvation given to me by God. Life is hard and everyday I have to remind myself to trust in God for I often forget. However, this year there are so many things to be thankful for. For the first time I feel I actually believe that. I must remember to live day by day, to be fully alive, and put my worries into God’s hands.
Thanks be to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment