I like to be a worrier when thing are going well. On Oprah the other week a man said a quote that has stuck with me. "Sometimes we are afraid to let ourselves feel happy. Because then what do we worry about? If we are content with life, if we are excited, and then things go badly we feel tricked. So often we decide to always worry, then when we are disappointed we can say 'I told you so.'" I think I do that, ok, I know I am doing that. I hate it! Bad Bad me.
So this is to remind myself not to worry, to enjoy things, to rejoice in the good and to realize that is a good thing. Looking back I think I see myself in a more negative light than I probably really was. Which, I guess makes me annoyed and stressed yet again. Uggg...sometimes I think I will be the ruin of me.
1 comment:
I read this now and think maybe I worry because deep down I know. Maybe it isn't me struggling with allowing myself to be happy.
Post a Comment