My exposed face was experience the effects of the winter wind. Digging around in the snow, thorny brush and weaving in and out of pine tress wasn’t exactly my idea of a perfect February weekend, yet I was hooked.
What was I looking for? I didn’t know, but I did know it was placed there (by someone I’d never me), found by other people I didn’t know and it was somewhere in my general vicinity. Turning in circles and traveling zigzag paths I dug in the snow and poked at fallen tress. I knew I would know what it was once I successfully found it.
It sounds absurd doesn’t it? That weekend day was exciting through, and an adventure I wish to continue. Everyday I am on a similar search. I am looking for that which I don’t know. Yet, somehow when I am presented with IT, I know.
At times I felt/feel like I’m never going to get that thing I am searching for. Sometimes I’ve found my answers in the most logical places, but other times, at my exasperated edge, I discovered IT.
In the woods, as in daily life, the difficult task is not to give up nor doubt that what is promised to be there will appear. When that hidden treasure is revealed it is usually more exciting than what I had imagined. Just wait. IT will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment