Well, I get to have surgery. I’ve never had surgery before except for the pulling of my wisdom teeth, but I don’t think that counts. In two weeks I’m going to be cut open. That is a pretty frightening thought. Its not a huge or horrible procedure, but it still comes with a week off work and some powerful painkillers. I guess it was going to happen at some point in my life and it may as well be at a time when I heal faster.
In high school I was friends with a girl who died on the table. She was allergic to the anesthesia used. We had a class together that allowed us to leave school and participate in a mentorship in the career of our choice. She never got the chance to live out her dream. My dream changed from being a meteorologist (because I’m horrible at math) to finding myself in seminary for my masters. And over the years my hopes for the future have expanded even more. Yet, sometimes everything seems to be in the hands of fate. This surgery certainly wasn’t in my plans. I hope it goes smoothly and doesn’t eliminate my longed for future.
No comments:
Post a Comment