Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Newsletter Success!

In the Spring of 2009 I suggested that we start producing another newsletter for our donors. It was approved to go out three times a year. For the first time in over five years a VEAP newsletter went out in March, then in July and again in October. It was a sort of team thing. As in, I came up with what to put in it, wrote it all and Karin said yea or nay. Then the text was shipped off to a volunteer to did the layout in InDesign. We had a great response in donations, but I wasn't satisfied with the content.

After the newness of the project wore off Karin became even less involved (interested). This year it wouldn't even happen if I didn't do all the work for it. For the summer newsletter I decided to do a total turn around. I wrote it how I had always envisioned it being and I did the layout in InDesign. I completely took over the project and I was nervous. How would people respond? How would Karin and Susan respond?

Well...the newsletter when out on Monday. First thing this morning I got a huge smile and compliment from the Executive Director. She is thrilled by my new format. She wants to see a report from last year's newsletter compared to the donations coming in for this one. She also wants to make sure that all staff gets a copy in their mailboxes. I feel rather proud. :) So far my initiative of doing a VEAP newsletter has raised $65,002 dollars after printing costs. I can feel successful with those numbers.

Check out the PDF version HERE.

No comments: