Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Wall

And I have hit it...I'm trying to write a page for my notebook in an attempt to wake my brain up. Maybe I'll gain the energy to write another story for the Fall Newsletter. I'm feeling generally stressed out, which reached a very high peak last week putting some strain on our relationship. We have both been feeling tense due to the pressures of planning a wedding long distance, its cost, the real, new, official family dynamic and both needing a change in our careers. Everything really does seem to happen at once. Maybe it’s just the normal process of 'officially' combining two lives. Maybe we are cramming more things in together at one time than most engaged couples do. Maybe we just need a vacation.

Some change like things to consider:

Us
Before we were engaged we got on a family cell phone plan. That was a big step in the trust tree! In July we purchased a 2008 Chevy Silverado Crew-Cab 4x4 pick-up truck, together.
We combined all our car and house insurance as one household, we are listed as married.
I got my first piece of mail addressed to Phillip and Kelly Mroczek. I was excited and had to immediately text friends the news.

Housing
We are considering a move. Phillip wants to return to Loup City and farm with his dad. I want to get away from the rules and constraints imposed on me by my association and by city life.
That means...
When do we sell, where do I work, when do we move, where do we live, is this feasible?
I researched the $8,000 homebuyer credit I received when I bought my house. I needed to know if or how I have to pay it back since at this point I'd be leaving before my 36 months is up. How will that affect us?
My realtor gave me statistics on what it means to sell my house, reality sinks in.

Employment
Phillip hates his job, end of story.
I've maxed out my job.
There are no raises so there are no incentives to work harder.
I can't move up the ladder because my boss will never leave.
I've already added extra work to my job to broaden my scope and have maxed myself out there too.
It is time to move on.
I researched local newspapers near Loup city for jobs, no luck.
I joined Nebraska non-profit groups on LinkedIn. I made connections, but in Lincoln and Omaha, 2-3 hours away.
I asked two of Phillip's cousins for networking help...thanks to them I have applied for two jobs in Kearney and have a lead on another in Loup City.
Are we really going to do this?

Wedding
Ceremony site, check.
Reception venue, check.
Cake designer, check.
Wedding party, check.
Wedding dress, check.
Wedding rings, check.
Final guest list/count, need.
Centerpieces, have ideas, need final guest count.
Invitations, need final guest count.
Registry, need to do, not stressed about this one.
Gifts for the wedding party, need.
Photographer, stressful, they are all booked. BUT as of today I have secured a good one if Phillip agrees.
Honeymoon, ideas.
And much more that I'm sure hasn't even crossed my mind yet.

Phew, its been hard to force these thoughts out of my head onto a page. I did it though. I'm sure I could add much much more, but I should get to work on something productive. None of these things are bad. It's just a lot of stuff that is going on all at once!

No comments: