Thursday, October 28, 2010

NaNoWirMo

A friend of my changed her FB status to, “NaNoWirMo participants become my buddy.” I had no idea what that stood for so I googled it and discovered it stood for National Novel Writing Month, interesting. After reading more about what it is I decided to sign up. The goal is to write a novel of 50,000 words from November 1st to November 30th. How great would it be to say I wrote my own novel?! Quality isn’t important, but knowing me I will nit pick every paragraph I write and never finish it the time allowed. Another scenario is that the beginning will be better than the end. Whichever is the case it certainly is a challenge. November is a busy month, but it is also hunting season, which means there will be weekends without my fiancé and time to write.

So what will my story be? I have decided on the adventure genre focusing on a plot that has been in the back of my mind for years. It was easy to come up with a synopsis of the book. A good title will have to come along later.

Synopsis
A mysterious formation in the Minnesota wilderness has caused people to question its nature for hundreds of years. What does it mean? Where does it go? Sparked by curiosity as a young girl, Nicole tells the story of the secrets she uncovered and the key to unsolved mysteries.

I can’t divulge more information that that. You will just have to wait until December.

No comments: